Thursday, March 27, 2008

This is an oil pastel rendition of an earlier digital picture that I did for my picture book and the upcoming Book Fair (keep your fingers crossed for me, people). I wrestle a bit with the traditional vs digital thing, especially since it's full of things that I imagine being horribly repetitive to draw, like snowflakes and raindrops and cherry blossoms. And while I think that the pictures are a little more interesting digitally, or executed better, the truth is the process in oil pastel is way, way more satisfying.

2 comments:

Bearded Lady said...

This is really interesting to see both the digital and the traditional versions. Your digital looks just as much hand painted as your traditional.

FRIZZ said...

I like both but there is something about paint and a brush stroke...

You do wonderful art!