Friday, September 7, 2007



I'm going to be in a group show coming up in just over a week, Low Brow on the High Seas. It's the 4th annual showing of pirate themed artwork, and I'm not sure why I can never quite get it right, because I love the subject of pirates. I seem to end up with underwater girls or girls drowning or the like, and this year I ended up with a space pirate. I guess what it boils down to is I draw whatever I feel like drawing, and since she's wearing a funny hat I'll say she's from outer space (albeit a very light blue outer space) and since the show is about pirates she'll be a space pirate. Pretty sad, no?

There's a tight deadline on the picture book I'm working on and I haven't heard back yet about the sketches - I'm quite keen to get going. Part of me is completely paranoid that my email didn't go through and they are quietly fuming on their end about how I missed the deadline. Or there are so many things terribly wrong with my drawings they don't even know where to begin. But in reality they're probably just extremely busy people.

1 comments:

Alexiev said...

Good image... Great work...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar
Alexiev Store