Friday, September 21, 2007



Here's a little picture I made which will be in a silent auction to raise money for my local family centre. I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out, but I do sincerely wish I had a better scanner. I should just invest in one, shouldn't I?

I'm now in the painting phase of the picturebook I'm working on and I'm pretty happy with how its turning out so far, but having just sent one in to show progress I'm all nervous again. I suppose because it's my first picturebook I'm overly concerned with making a good impression. Less than halfway through and I'm already wondering when and if I'll get another job. Getting that email from the first publisher was so exciting that I want to duplicate that feeling!

I am starting to think that I really have to put my own book together, because that will be the best way to draw whatever I feel like drawing, which at the moment seems to be foxes and rabbits. The nice thing about doing this auction picture is it inspired a little story, which is now the third story I've written. I've done little dribs and drabs here towards illustrating them but nothing finished yet - but this new one seems promising!

2 comments:

Mall said...

I love your adorable illustration! :) congratulations dear! I'll look forward to seeing your first picturebook! Weeeee!

kntgrl said...

SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!